Consider it pure Joy my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. JAMES 1:2-4
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Its Official- They are Kirklands....but we still don't have them
Today we had court!! It was with a different judge than planned and it ended up being in his office instead of the normal court room. That was fine with us because it was not as formal and shorter than normal. It was amazing to hear the testimony of the child services lady who had to see us on our first visit with the kids and the head nurse of the orphanage. They testified that we love these children and that their best interest would for them to be with us. The nurse even said in Ukrainian..."I don't know how someone could not love these children." The judge asked us why we wanted these kids...especially since they kept referring to them as "invalids", which are not deemed wanted in their society. We both said that God put it on our hearts to adopt these 2 children...and that for that reason we love them. After some more time going over the documents there was a 5 minute wait and than they called us back in to give us the conclusion. Which was " THEY ARE OURS!!!" The judge agreed to give us custody immediately instead of the normal 10 day wait....THANK YOU $1,500 PAYMENT FOR THIS!! We had been told that we were going to get the children today or tomorrow before the court and as we left the translator said that since there is a "flu" we will have to wait until Monday. I was so upset...everyday they tell us we can have them...and than we can't...and than we can. We asked the translator again if we could get them before Christmas and she said she thought we could. Later in the day we asked her again and she said that our lawyer had discussed it with someone else and they thought it best no. Again I was upset, so this time I called Ludmilla our caseworker in the states. I let her know what was going on. She thought that this was a legal requirement and I assured her that if it is, that is fine and we will wait, but everyone is mentioning..."more convenient for us..and there is a flu". In the end...we were told by our translator that we would most likely get them before the weekend. We are praying for a miracle!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So I guess it is final. We will be getting the kids on Monday before we travel for Kiev. I am done fighting it as this must be Gods will. I can't wait until Monday!! It is a good thing Christmas is not about opening gifts..because now we won't even have the babies to play with on Christmas. Thank GOD it is about the birth of our Savior.
ReplyDelete