Sorry guys for not posting. The internet is not the greatest. And basically the same thing happens every day. We wake up and eat our bread and nutella. Than we head out side where our taxi driver picks us up at 8:45 am. He than drives us the 10 minutes to the baby house. We walk in the door and go to the nurses station. Tyler always hands them the permission paper that says we are allowed to visit Asher and Emma. Than we are handed these shoe covers so we keep the floors free of dirt. Hunter thinks they are cool and he says we look like elves! Than up the pink stairs to the room that is "our room". It has a couch and and a little closet to hang our coats. Next to that is a cabinet with some toys. There is alittle table with 3 chairs and a big super uncomfortable couch for us to sit on. There are also these cute mini couch and chairs for toddlers. We sit and wait for them to bring the babies in. The babies always dressed in 2 outfits, a hat and 2 pairs of socks. These poor kids are sweating they are in so many layers of clothes. We get to have them for one hour and it seems they always come early to get Emma. At 10:00 am we say good-bye and head home for a couple hours until we do this all again at 2:00 pm, but this time we have 2 hours with them.
The second day we found out that Asher is a tickle bug...he laughs and his whole body is behind his huge smile and giggle. On Tuesday and Wednesday Asher would be happy and giggly in the morning, but when we came in the afternoon he wouldn't crack a smile. Today he laughed and giggled both times, and we even got some videos of his beautiful smile. I will add them when we have better internet service. I tried to upload them earlier but it was going to take over 200 minutes to upload a 2 minute video. Emma was the opposite then Asher and would be happier in the afternoons. We have noticed that she gets uncomfortable unless we are really supporting her body, and she wimpers and makes angry faces to let us know. I am not sure if she is in pain or if this is just who she is, but I can tell our little girl needs lots of holding, love and attention. We were beginning to think Emma could not laugh until Tyler threw her up in the air, SHE LOVED IT!!! It is the only time she will laugh or smile. We also have a cute video of Emma laughing as Tyler is swinging her around. When he would stop she would go back to being sad. I will be honest we are really concerned about Emma. She will do this thing where her eyes roll back in her head and and she will suck her tongue back into her mouth. At first it is alittle scary. I am not sure what this is, we emailed the Peds doctors back in Aviano to see if they might know what this could be. I don't think it is a symptom of down syndrome, but she could have other stuff going on besides that. But it doesn't matter because we would not change her, God picked this little girl for her family. Other than that they are both getting to know us and I think they can tell we are their family. As for the big brother, Hunter is fighting us to hold the kids. He want's to be holding one of them all the time. This is not always possible so he has invented the job of toy maker. He sits at this toy and pretends it's a toy making machine, and than he hands us a toy for the babies. It has occupied him alittle while we bond with the babies too!! He is super excited about them, but he has been asking when can we bring them home. I think we are all already tired of the orphanage and just want to bring our babies home!
We were told our Interpol Clearance has arrived from Italy, PRAISE GOD!! We were told that out court date will be either Monday or Tuesday. We are praying for Monday so we can head back and get the U.S. Embassy stuff done in time to get on our flight we booked. Our flight is planned to leave here on Friday the 24th, and we are praying we will be on it. We can't afford to spend another minute in Ukraine if we can't get on it, and we are trying not to worry. This trip has had so many unplanned expenses, and none that we could have planned for. We are earnestly praying for God's provision over us, please pray with us for this! Thank you to all of our friends and family who have been offering to help us. Also please pray for Asher, he seems to be having some respiratory thing going on, and when I asked about it the DR. said it was normal. I did not have to go to nursing school to see something is wrong. We just want to get these kids home, where they can get the medical care, love and attention they need.
Thank you again for everyone's prayers, we can tell that people are praying because God has been working miracles!!!
OMGosh Val. They are beautiful! Truly beautiful. I can't wait to kiss those little cheeks. I love that Asher is kissing his sister already LOL.
ReplyDeleteIt is one of the most overwhelming craziest feelings when someone just hands you your baby and says heres your child. It really is just hard to explain, but I def know the feeling :) but at the same time you just know they're yours :)
Can't wait for you guys to get back. I might just have to bring meals to you once you get here because I haven't made it to the store yet!
They are such beautiful babies!
ReplyDeleteHello, friend, precious post. Come home!
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a great day with your babies and have a great treat and have a great time and come back from Ukraine. -Grace
Thank you Valerie for let me live at your house. Keep your babies safe. Happy Merry Christmas. -Luke
I love seeing pictures of you all together. I love seeing Tyler kissing his new baby girl. Thank God for answered prayers for all the details. I can't wait to see you with them!!!!
ReplyDeleteAww Thanks everyone!! Thanks for your love and care for us and your prayers!! Thanks Luke and Grace! That is so sweet!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, Asher kisses by licking you, and that is what he is doing to Emma. It was the sweetest thing to see. He really likes to lick her and eat her hair.
ReplyDelete