Consider it pure Joy my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. JAMES 1:2-4
Monday, June 18, 2012
Dossier is in the mail!!!!
Our dossier has been delivered to our agency in California!!!!! Praise God!!
Last week we FINALLY received our USCIS approval! And on that day I realized that I was missing one thing in our dossier....a local background check for Tyler and I both, and 2 notarized copies that needed to be apostilled at that! Well I can't for the life of me see how I had missed this considering I went through all of our documents at least 20 times. But I did. I did have one copy for each of us that was notarized that our home study agency acquired for our back ground check, but I only had one copy! In south Carolina they can not expedite a request when you mail it, you get it when you get it. So I tried to do the one online, that cost $25 by the way, and would you believe that I put 1884 for the year of my birth and not 1984!!!! So basically that $25 piece of paper was a waste!!!!! So I called Denice at our home study agency, and she so wonderfully said she would order them for us! And since she is with an agency, the cost was only $8, and she sent a letter and called, and they overnighted it to Columbia and SC SLED overnighted it to us!!! They expedited it for us......and they don't expedite!! Praise God we got that paper Wednesday at 4 pm! So Thursday morning we went to Columbia, had the 4 documents apostilled as well as the paper that goes with our I-800, made copies of everything and mailed it off to our Adoption Agency in California!!!!It cost $69 just to mail it to California, to have it there COB today, and just got confirmation it arrived. Our agency is having a big Hague inspection tomorrow so hopefully they will be able to look at it tomorrow night or Wednesday and mail it off with the large check that was with the dossier. No one said adoption was cheap, but man is it worth it. Now it is just wait and see time. We are praying that our documents are all in order and mailed to L this week. It takes up to 4 weeks for our documents to be registered and unlike other countries we do not have to wait for an invitation to travel, as soon as we are registered we could travel. But we will need to wait to buy our plane tickets until we receive the funds from Reece's rainbow. At this point between the adoption and the neurodevelopmental therapy for Asher and Emma, we are tapped out! But after our last adoption we learned that God will provide, we need to do our part, but He always provides what we need!! Many of you have been along this journey with us since Asher and Emma's adoption. If you would prayerfully consider donating to our adoption fund, it would be a huge blessing to us! We are still short about $3,000 which we will need to complete the adoption. The boys were blessed with such a large adoption grant, which has lifted a huge burden from this process.
Tyler and I would just love to praise God and give Him the glory in our life. We do have our hands full, but they are not so full that we can't take these 2 boys and love them, care for them, provide for them, teach them. God gives us the strength to do all that we do. Tyler and I are just living out our faith through these journeys, but we wouldn't have that faith if the Lord didn't provide it to begin with! Tyler and I still can't believe that God gives us these kids to be their earthy parents! We are the ones blessed to have them, not the other way around!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We just donated. It's not much, wish we could do more but with a baby on the way, we're low on funds as well! :) I hope all goes smoothly from here and you're able to get the money you need!
ReplyDeleteThank you soo much Kelli!!!It is a huge blessing!!!
ReplyDeleteA friend shared your blog with me and said you were still needing funding. I'd love to help! I love RR and orphan advocacy is my thing! Send me an email and let's see if we can get this last $3000 out of the way! wearealladopted@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteI love hearing how the Lord expedited your last documents! :-) Go God! Sorry I won't be there at the end of your journey again LOL, but I hope you are able to blog while you are in country so we can follow along. Hope you hear about your date SOON!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jill!!!! Haha!! I love to remember the time 5 adults and 4 children piled into the car the size of a civic!!! That was so wonderful when you think about it!! I love seeing how your family has grown since than!!! God is so good!!
ReplyDelete