Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Where our boys come from...

Just a few more days and we will be traveling back to one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. This will be our third and final trip to Latvia and I am sad to think this may be the last time we see it. It has been a long journey to get us to this point. Latvia has been a wonderful place to adopt from and we are so thankful to our boys families for giving birth to our amazing sons. We are so proud of their heritage and will always share with them where they are from. At first the people seemed somewhat cold and harsh, but as we got to know them and spend time with them, we came to love them. Not alot of people there understand why we would want to adopt children with disabilities,but to be honest, not alot of people in America understand either. I appreciate the care the orphanage gave our boys and from what we can tell, Latvia has some of the best. They worked with what they could and they loved our boys the best they could. I am thankful to the country who gave us our boys. I am thankful for the ministry of Orphans who even though sometimes we understand worked hard to help us get our boys. We are especially thankful to two kind Social workers who gave us a chance and came to know we really love our boys and wanted the best for them. Our family prays that God will change hearts and opinions and allow the people of Latvia to love and accept people with Disabilities. I think it will happen one day, I think the best thing that could happen is that Latvia and any other country, including America, would come to treasure these sweet children and see that they are worth investing in. Most of all we are thankful to God for making our boys, just like He intened to, with Down Syndrome and Autism and anything else they may have, God allowed them to be them and we love them! Before being Latvian by heritage they are Children of the Most High and that is what we are most proud of! If anyone reading this is thinking of adopting, please consider the beautiful country of Latvia, you will be blessed by its history and beauty while you visit and get to know your amazing new children.

No comments:

Post a Comment