Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Joys of Paperwork

This week while Tyler has been overseas I have been working on Adoption paperwork. The last adoption I really dreaded the paperwork, but now that I see what we get in the end, it is exciting!! We have sent our service agreement to our agency. We also are set up on the Reece's Rainbow site!!!!!! We also have submitted all of our initial paperwork to our home study agency. So hopefully as soon as Tyler gets back we can have our first home study appointment! There is a lot more involved on the clearance side of this adoption. Since Gideon and Zechariah's country is a Hague country, they require clearances from every state I have lived in since I was 18!!! So they need all of the addresses and dates! I can't think back that far! So I did the best I could and hoping that works. It is going to be difficult getting our clearance from Italy since we are not there now. Another blessing that we learned from our last adoption is that God will provide what we need and when we need it!

We also have a praise report!! After only 24 hours there was $200 in our adoption fund!!! When this happens it just is reassuring that God is behind this!! We are so thankful to Him for His provision of Gideon and Zechariah and our family!

We just started therapy at Palmetto Richland Rehab Center with Asher and Emma. They have been great about showing me what to do with them and I have been able to start preparing for the boys. We plan on homeschooling them right along with Hunter. I am learning there is still so much I do not know about Down Syndrome! I have been blessed to find some websites that have lots of great info on the subject! I was actually surprised how many people Homeschool their DS kiddos. I also found out they will still be able to get therapy through the school system but at home. I have also found some great info on Celiac Disease and just got my first batch of coconut flour to begin practicing!! I will let you know how it goes.

Please keep our family including Gideon and Zechariah in your prayers. We pray every day for God to protect these boys and provide for all of their physical and emotional and spiritual needs!

Here are some new pics of the kids!

2 comments:

  1. So thrilled for you! I am so happy for your family.

    I have a child w/celiac, and I'm also a homeschooler. Right now our child w/DS goes to preschool, but we may homeschool him, too. Feel free to email me if you ever want to trade recipes or ideas! gwensmith93 at gmail dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Asher's monkey costume and the big smile on his face!

    ReplyDelete