Thursday, March 18, 2010

We recieved our approved Immigration paperwork today!!

Well we can now check off another box for our adoption. We received in the mail today our "Notice of Favorable Determination Concerning Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition" Today!!!!! WOOOWWW That is a really long title for a piece of paper. So this means that the U.S. Immigration has approved us to be able to adopt children and bring them back to the states. (I think) It has been forwarded to the U.S. Embassy in Kyiv, Ukraine so when we get our kids we fill out another form that goes with it. All just another part of the big adoption puzzle.

I fell like this is just not even a reality. It keeps getting further and further away. When you are pregnant you may not feel pregnant right away, but than slowly your body changes and you can feel that "baby" growing inside you. With adoption, or with at least ours,we have no idea what our children look like or how old they are. Its bitter sweet in that it is hard now, but will be so amazing when we see them for the first time. The paperwork keeps coming and there always seems to be some degree of difficulty with everything.  It also is hard because Tyler is in Afghanistan and I am here taking care of all the paperwork. I love doing it and don't mind at all. It is alittle hard though because he doesn't really see all that goes into it!!! But the Lord is sustaining us during this time apart. We are both growing in the Lord and are thankful for all of his provisions and love for our family!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I know the paperwork on top of paperwork added with a bit more paperwork. For a couple months there I think I was having dreams about paperwork!

    The hubby being busy with work didn't do much of it. I got most of it together and would be like sign there there and there. Initial here here and here, so he got off pretty easy LOL. He did some of the loan paperwork yesterday which took forever and he was like oh my goodness this is a lot! I was like uh its like 1/100 of what I did for us already LOL.

    I couldn't imagine the hubby being gone for any of this though. I'm glad his shop traded him places for his deployment, but he's going to be gone next year and will miss our sons first birthday :(

    ReplyDelete